Special parking regulations for certain community facility uses in lower density growth management areas
(a) In lower density growth management areas other than R6 and R7 Districts in Community District 10, Borough of the Bronx, all zoning lots containing buildings with the following uses shall be subject to the provisions of paragraph (b) of this Section:
(1) ambulatory diagnostic or treatment health care facilities, as listed in Section 22-14 (Use Group 4), except where such zoning lot contains buildings used for hospitals, as defined in the New York State Hospital Code, or long-term care facilities; and
(2) child care services as listed under the definition of school in Section 12-10 (DEFINITIONS), except where such zoning lot contains buildings used for houses of worship or, for zoning lots that do not contain buildings used for houses of worship, where the amount of floor area used for child care services is equal to 25 percent or less of the amount of floor area permitted for community facility use on the zoning lot.
(b) All zoning lots that meet the conditions of paragraph (a) of this Section shall comply with the following provisions:
(1) Accessory off-street parking spaces shall be permitted only within a building or in any open area on the zoning lot that is not between the street line and the street wall or prolongation thereof of the building.
(2) The maneuverability provisions of paragraphs (b) of Section 36-58 (Parking Lot Maneuverability and Curb Cut Regulations) shall apply to all such zoning lots. No tandem parking shall be permitted.
(3) The curb cut provisions of paragraph (c) of Section 36-58 shall apply to all such zoning lots, except that, for zoning lots with less than 75 feet of street frontage, a minimum distance of four feet from other curb cuts on adjacent zoning lots shall be maintained.
(4) For zoning lots in R1, R2, R3A, R3X, R3-1, R4-1 and R4A Districts with buildings containing child care services, a driveway shall be required for drop-off and pick-up of users of the child care facility. Such driveway shall have a minimum width of 15 feet and a maximum width of 18 feet and shall serve one-way traffic. Such driveway shall include a designated area for the drop-off and pick-up of users of the facility with a minimum length of 25 feet and a minimum width of 10 feet. Such drop-off and pick-up area shall abut a sidewalk with a minimum width of four feet that connects to the child care facility entrance and all public sidewalks. No parking spaces shall be located within such driveway. Where the width of the street frontage of the zoning lot accessing such driveway is 75 feet or less, the minimum percentage of front yard required to be planted pursuant to Section 23-451 (Planting requirement) shall be reduced to 25 percent.
(5) For any zoning lot containing child care services, driveways and open accessory off-street parking spaces may occupy no more than 50 percent of the lot area not covered by buildings. For zoning lots containing ambulatory diagnostic or treatment health care facilities, driveways and open accessory off-street parking spaces may occupy no more than 66 percent of the lot area not covered by buildings.
(6) All parking areas not within a building shall be screened from adjoining zoning lots and streets by a landscaped strip at least four feet wide, densely planted with evergreen shrubs at least four feet high at time of planting, and of a type that may be expected to form a year-round dense screen at least six feet high within three years. Such screening shall be maintained in good condition at all times.
(7) Any lighting provided in off-street parking areas shall be directed away from residences.