Children's Amusement Parks

In C8 or M1 Districts, the City Planning Commission may permit children's amusement parks with an area of at least 75,000 square feet, but not more than 10 acres, provided that the following findings are made:

(a)        that such use is so located as not to impair the essential character or the future use or development of the surrounding area;

(b)        that the principal vehicular access for such use is not located on a local street or on an arterial highway, but is located on a major or secondary street within one-quarter mile of an arterial highway or a major street;

(c)        that such use will not produce traffic congestion or other adverse effects which interfere with the appropriate use of land in the district or in any adjacent district, and that such use is so located as to draw a minimum of vehicular traffic to and through local streets in nearby residential areas;

(d)        that such use is not located within 400 feet of a Residence District; and

(e)        that vehicular entrances and exits for such use are provided separately and are located not less than 50 feet apart.

The Commission may prescribe appropriate conditions and safeguards to minimize adverse effects on the character of the surrounding area, including limitations on signs or requirements for shielding of floodlights, screening or surfacing all access roads or driveways.